View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
Katie has an international chip that was put in by her Canadian breeder. It has a fifteen digit number, and it showed up. My vet scanned her and gave me her number, and he told me it wasn't necessary to put in a US chip. It still scares me, though. I found this article written for vets interesting.

Microchip Fact Sheet :: Indoor Pet :: The Ohio State University

Katie's chip is endorsed by the Canadian Kennel Club, and it's a EIDAP chip.
Scary, isn't it. I'd read all the downsides of what can go wrong and why chips aren't the end all and be all when Tibbe was chipped and still want the extra chance. Ellie81's situation with Bengi and some of the potential Bengi's has made me so aware of being able to I.D. the dog in the shelter as your dog so I've undertaken to do that by photo-inventorying his body parts up close and doing a physical description of Tibbe's body peculiarities, teeth as well as markings, tail set, his vestigial dew claw to match the pictures and his tricks that he knows to do to only my name for them. He'll do a "shy boy wave" and "Roll Back Stay" and "Get In the Pink Cadillac"(means crate up) so if I show up, describe what the tricks are and ask him and he does those things, that should help, too. If I have to get him an international chip and it is safe to do it, I'll do that too. He has his rabies tag, a regular ID tag and Home Again is sending him one of their yellow Home Again I.D. tags.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!