View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
WiL11o6
Yorkie Talker

Default Teddy with "possible" herniated disk disease

Long story short, our 8 month old Teddy woke up one morning with screaming pains when we touched him or tried to pick him up. We brought him into the hospital and when the vet put pressure on his back, he let out a scream. We proceeded with an x-ray and was told he has "possible" herniated disk. I say possible because the vet wasn't 100% sure as the x-ray wasn't clear cut enough to confirm (looked normal to us but she said it's narrow, but we are no vet). He was then prescribed some anti-inflammatories and pain meds and to let him rest with minimal movement for the next 2 weeks or so.

She said worst case scenario is the spongy material in between the vertebrae bursts and pinches the nerve and that's where it gets serious with surgery and possibility of him being paralyzed if not taken care of.

We told her that the prior day, he ran awkwardly into my girlfriend at full speed and he let out a welp, and the following night, he couldn't move. She said that was unlikely, but possibility. My girlfriend said he ran at full speed, blindly into her leg.

Anyway, whole reason for this post is I am worried he will have a weakened back and not recover fully 100% for the rest of his life and he's only 8 months old! We are thinking it may be and hopefully a wrong diagnoses and he just sprained something by running into her leg and will recover 100%.

Anyone have similar experience? Thanks for reading!
WiL11o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!