View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #15
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv
Miko's last rabies shot was at the end of '04, and the vet that gave it to him (not my reg vet) said that it lasts only a yr. Also, I wonder if the lyme vaccine is necessary since he is an inside dog...I am in Florida though, so I would hate for a tick to get him somehow, and him not be vaccinated for it lyme. As far as Giardia goes, I don't know either...I do know that I will not let them do all the vaccines at once though. Like you all said, it could be very dangerous, and I am not willing to put my baby's life in any kind of danger.

Oh my goodness, abbies mom, I read your story, and I am sooo sorry to hear about what happened to your precious daughter...I had no idea that could even happen. I will keep your family in my prayers. Thanks for sharing your story...

I will call my vet this morning and see what he says...
Your vet is not correct about the rabies "only lasts for a year". Please have a titer test done to see if he still has immunity and can avoid another rabies shot. I would not give hom another rabies unless the law requires then annually. JMHO.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!