View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismiss View Post
Yes, I spoke to the vet a few hours after the shot and let him know that nothing had happened and he said, well then there is nothing in there. But I was present before, during and after the births and she never expelled or at the placentas?? Wierd.... so i am now a nervous wreck constantly taking her tempature and watching her 24/7... but I think I am now so exhausted from not sleeping I am in worst shape that her! Her babies were born late sunday night/Monday morning and just not sure how quickly infection would set in if she was going to get one...
I'm so sorry you are going through this, I've heard that the shots work really well, I'm not a breeder so I don't know the details, but I think she'd be giving some symptoms if the placenta was inside her. I'd keep taking her temperature, and you probably should get some rest. One breeder said that her dog eats it so fast that she really has to be on the lookout for it because it gives her dog diarrhea. So it’s very possible, she ate it when you were distracted.

Join today and remove this ad!