View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
bendog2000
Yorkie Talker

On the biting thing - we let him bite but did the ouch thing so a bite means we left the room (the room he is in is puppy safe) and wait for him to calm down. He now almost never bites. Sometimes he catches me when he's chewing a toy we are playing with and I can see him back off as soon as he knows he caught me - I still do the ouch but I might only go into a statue and ignore him - don't need to leave the room so much now. Now he's rarely biting/chewing us we are discouraging any attempt to mouth us. I still let him lick my hand from time to time - not sure why - it just feels friendly.

He still has a problem with faces. He has nipped my face once and I did the ouch thing. He probably wants to lick my face but I'm not having that. So I am not sure what would happen, if I fell asleep on the floor would he eat my face? For now I'm doing the leave the room thing for any attempt to come to my face. I don't really want my face in his space so could avoid the problem but I also don't want him to think that faces are new and novel enough to try out with a chew test.
bendog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!