View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Embarassed I sprained my ankle...

Trying to get away from a little kid running towards us yelling 'puppy, puppy!' w/his med sized hyper dog...who barked like cwazzie last time we saw him.

I was walking Princess & Turbo & I've been training them (mainly Turbo bc when he acts up, Princess will follow) not to bark @ other dogs. They both got this 'fear' from me. There were 2 incidents in the past w/2 different GSD coming up to Princess & Turbo & both x's, my reaction was negative & I screamed both x's. It was such a surprise & it happened so fast, both dogs off leash & their noses on P&T even b4 I had any time to pick them up. I was more scared that Turbo would nip @ the GSD, cuz that's what he does & they would nip him back.

Anyways, I've been working w/them for months & they were both improving. Not barking when they see other dogs or pulling on the lead trying to get to them. Well, all that training went out window yesterday. The kid must've been 6-7 yrs old & his older brother has got to be 10 or younger. I looked back & decided to cross the street & must've stepped on uneven ground on the grass. So now, Turbo must've picked up on my pain/panic annoyance or whatever & starts barking like cwazzie & that sends Princess off too.

Can you picture this: 2 yorkies barking like mad @ 2 kids & a dog (who now stands there innocently) & the flustered owner limping across the street pulling the 2 little yorkie terrors. I don't know if I should cry or laugh. loll

Last edited by mimimomo; 11-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.
mimimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!