View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

To get that look in the 3rd pic, it's very easy...
1. Comb forward any hair you want to trim. It will cover their eyes if it's fairly long or stick out like a visor if short.
2. With curved shears, the curved side facing their face, the scissor should be horizontal, cut what is sticking out. If you don't have a curved shear, a straight one is fine.
3. Trim a little at a time to get the length, look you want. Once you get the hang of it, you'll know exactly where to trim the next time.

The 7F blade would give a very close cut w/out looking 'shaved'. Remember for blades, the higher the #, the shorter the cut. The #10 (this is what comes w/most clippers w/interchangeable blades) can be used to clip the sanitary areas, under paw, arm pits, underbelly, mats, tip of ears (the flap sides only).
The tip of the sides of the ears, should only be trimmed w/scissors.

I have an Andis & love it, it's very quiet: Amazon.com: Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed...Amazon.com: Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed...
I also have a cordless rechargeable Wahl, I use this the most to do sanitary clips & little trims, also very quiet. This one has a 5 in 1 blade.
Amazon.com: Wahl 8786-451A ARCO SE Cordless...Amazon.com: Wahl 8786-451A ARCO SE Cordless...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!