Thread: D'oh!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
msyorktown
♥Love My 3 Furrbutts♥
Donating Member

Thank goodness all turned out ok. I swear the car I have now was built especially for me....You CAN'T lock the keys in the car! If the keys are in the ignition and you try and lock the car from the car door it automatically UNLOCKS all doors! Its the Toyota Rav 4...love that car!
I've lost count on the amount of times I locked the keys in the car with my car running! Serious panic! Have to tell you of the most noted encounter....oh boy, here goes....

I used to drive the Corolla, older one so it didn't have the feature that my Rav does...anyway I was going out for a night on the town. Had to pick up a new pair of boots to go with my outfit...back when lay-away was still around. Anyway I'm finished work, ex is suppossed to pick up the kids, I'm running late. I stop at the mall, open the door and lock it from the inside (habit)...you know the car is still running, jump out and close the door! I'm walking away and I notice the car lights are still on... Go back to investigate...realized real quick, car is running, purse and cell locked inside.. Ok, ok..ex is coming to get the kids, he can pick up my spare key while he's there. Call him assuming that he is close..pick-up is 6, its now 615...the jerk is still an hour away...he hadn't left yet!!! Now what?
Ok call my son, he is 10 at the time...daughter isn't home!
I gave him implicite instructions as to how he was going to get the keys to me. Told him bring your brother who was 8, get on the bus...money at home, told him how to get to the mall and bring mommy's spare keys. He followed my instructions to the letter! I was so so proud of that young man that day....stayed home and the ex didn't get them that weekend...told him don't bother coming! Needless to say that never happened again...started carrying my spare on my person at all times.

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawzGroomingSpa http://jlevy.scentsy.ca
msyorktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!