Thread: Hypoglycemia
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Jackandkhloe
Yorkie Talker

Default Hypoglycemia

My 10 week old 1.9lb female puppy had an issue today while outside playing. She laid down chewing on a little stick. She had just been running and playing. She yelped and I went to see if she was in ants. When I picked her up, she was limp. She stopped breathing. I rubbed and blew in her nose While running inside to call her vet. Once inside, she started vomiting. Vet said rub Cairo syrup on her tongue and gums. Her tongue and gums were white. We stayed on phone for 20 minutes and rubbed Cairo 2 times. She stayed lethargic and non-responsive so we took her in. On the way, she vomited and lost control of her bowels. After 40 minutes from the first incident, she started rousing up some. Vet had just seen her Friday. She got her 2nd shots and had a parasite so we started her on antibiotic. Vet said appeared to be hypoglycemia. I leave her food out all day. She gets treats. She also had a full tummy. I have 2 older yorkies and they never had this. Vet sent her home with a supplement to give 2 times daily. She has eaten some and slept on me mostly this afternoon. I am scared to death. I need some ideas to try and keep this from happening again. Have any of you experienced this?
Jackandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!