View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I started off with a heavy Wahl clipper that cost me about $110 but it was loud and it needed various blades depending upon how short I wanted to cut the hair. After that I got a rechargeable Andis clipper that also had an adjustable blade, which means it adjusts from a 9 to a 40. It has snap on combs if you want the hair longer. The clipper is much quieter and also much easier to maneuver it in tight spaces. Ashley was so much happier when I used that clipper. It's pricey, but I'd really recommend something like this. I love mine!

RBC ProClip ION Clipper
Thank you! It's a BIT over my price range - but I am definitely wanting to get a good set of them, that will last us, so looking into everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My lil friend View Post
There is a comb for most clippers (#0) that is mostly a guard so razor burn and cuts dont happen as easially. I have always clipped my own and yorkies are SO easy to groom. My 2 poodles are afraid of the clippers so I have to scissor them,only. So Mina,is easier. She doesnt mind the clippers and there isnt really any major place on her that is shaved to the skin. I say go for it,just do a bit of home work first. Start with just one part of your baby (shaping feet,tiny trim on topknot) something like that.

Thanks! I think this is what I'm going to do ... start slow ... attempt little areas around his face first and sanitary areas, etc, and just learn as we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Poor Jackson!! I too would very upset if I was not told that something happened.

Andis and Oster are definitely worth the extra expense judging from what I have read from groomers and dog exhibitors here and in other forums. The pros can tell you which size attachments are the best for Jackson's hairstyle.

Your investment in tools will be quickly made up by the money you save grooming at home. I think you will find it very rewarding for both you and Jackson.
Thanks! It's not even so much the fact that he was nicked - I know mistakes happen. It's more so that this is the second time in less than a year that it's happened and both were fairly bad/noticeable and she didn't tell me.

Jackson is much more tolerant of me doing things to him, and in the process, we make it a training game. I enjoy using praise and treats and desensitizing him to certain things, and seeing the progress, so I find it to be a good challenge!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!