View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
My concern is I have not seen alot of breeders that will rehome a gorgeous momma, that throws gorgeous babies....with years of breeding ahead of her...she is right in her prime....her description of "short noses" and "short legs" are in the eyes of the beholder....she could be well within breed standard, as opposed to "up on legs".....and "short noses" could be nothing more than "not Silkie Terrier like", rather than like a pug....and if she nails the breed standard, if bred to the correct male, you could also have a show prospect puppy on your hands.... I personally do not think a female, with the right lines in her pedigree, that is in her prime, that is "a proven producer" that could possibly even free whelp, is over priced at $3500.00. You would need to speak with the seller and ask about pedigree, testing done, litters she has had, is she a free whelper or does she need vet assistance to be delivered, etc.
I need to add, what do YOU want to do with this little lady? THAT is, in my opinion, the determining factor as to whether the price is appropriate. And if this little lady is beautiful AND HEALTHY, well I think $2800.00 for a 3 year old HEALTHY, beautiful pet quality Yorkie, is worth the price....if you doubt that, just speak with some people that are now faced with huge vet bills, nights of worry and heartache, to correct genetic issues, ask someone that has just lost their precious beloved baby to some organ failure that was genetic or congenital in origin, what they would pay to have their precious pet back, healthy, happy and whole. Then you decide what it is worth TO YOU.....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!