View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Clipper HELP for Jackson!!

I'm irritated... our groomer nicked Jackson again, on his front leg... fairly big little area he has been licking. I noticed him licking, and it seemed a bit irritated and then it turned into a big scab. She definitely got down to the skin. I have been putting coconut oil on it which seemed to help, and the first night I put a little dab of neosporin cream and watched him for a while so he didn't lick it. It is looking better.

But it sucks because the groomer is SO nice, and really seems to care a lot about what she does, and I love the way she styles his hair, she is the only one who seems to style it the way I like, for the most part and is also the best price (she's a mobile groomer, I won't take him to a place where I have to leave him), However this happened before with a fairly big nick on his skin folds by his back legs last year, and after I emailed her a pic, etc, she offered me a free groom and said she was sorry... but it's the fact that she is not telling me up front! I am SURE he let out a yelp (he's a drama queen anyways) so I am positive she knew what she did. Now that it's happened a second time and she hasn't told me....

ANYWAYS. I never thought I'd say it, but I feel like I want to just invest my money and time in learning to groom him myself. I think he would be better for me, and we could take our time if needed, and since he was just groomed professionally, I'll have a good start and place to follow.

I like his body very short, like this
IMG_9481-1.jpg
541115_10152239153265319_1188966908_n.jpg

It can't be THAT hard right?!?

And I want his face to be more like this (not him, another yorkie):
247_bella_after.JPG

Where do I begin?!

I looked at marcella02's thread in grooming which is very helpful.

For Jackson, who does not have thick hair and is kept short year round, what clippers would you suggest for his body?
I was looking at these:
Keep pets looking their best with this Andis Company 7-Piece Pro Pet Clipper With Professional Blade from Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
(Andis 7 piece pro pet clipper with professional blade) - $70
or
Wahl Pro-Series - Walmart.com
Wahl pro series complete pet clipper corded or cordless - $40

I'd prefer to spend less but if one is really better than the other, I'll go with pricier. But like I said, don't need anything super fancy, he's just kept shaved down short. Is there a particular blade # or comb that is used for this cut? (clueless here!!)

Would something like this be good for ears and such?
Amazon.com: WAHL 9962-717 Compact Travel Trimmer:...Amazon.com: WAHL 9962-717 Compact Travel Trimmer:...
As far as nail clipping, I'll leave the clipping to the vet. However I want to invest in a grinder of sorts. But Jax can be somewhat noise sensitive, so I need something quieter that gets the job done.

This:
Oster Animal Care Gentle Paws Premium Nail Trimmer, 1pk: Pets Love Walmart : Walmart.com

or
Dremel 7300-PT 4.8-Volt Pet Grooming Kit -...Dremel 7300-PT 4.8-Volt Pet Grooming Kit -...
Any help would be great!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!