View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well we went browsing last weekend, and after discussing with the flooring consultant, we found a sample of higher-end vinyl plank to bring home. It's more rustic looking, and although it doesn't match the original, it still looks old - instead of an addition from the 90's, it might look like an addition from the 20's Since we are building a wall in that area to contain a laundry room, it will basically be just a hallway, and then the laundry room and the bathroom through doorways. So you won't see a huge expanse of this flooring from the main part of the house.

I don't know, I just kind of love it. I think it looks great with the trim and wall color too. The flooring is 3 dimensional, so you can feel the grooves of the "wood" and I couldn't tell a difference walking between the sample and the real hardwood. The current tile is so cold, there is a huge difference. And I like that this will hold up well in the bathroom and laundry room, and the dogs (and maybe future children!) coming in full of rain and snow from the back yard.

Here are some pictures... Please ignore the dirty floors, it is DH's "work area" and the laundry hanging area, and the place where the dogs drag in whatever sticks to their fur outside lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20121028_103856 (Small).jpg (25.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20121028_103907 (Small).jpg (29.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20121028_103936 (Small).jpg (25.1 KB, 10 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!