View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #15
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I carry this in my wallet...have carried it for at least 35 years.....I think it is beautiful.....
It is 4 paragraphs long actually, but I will only print the last paragraph.... the last paragraph is so beautiful......

"And my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing, or sight, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me here....I have lived for the fun and happiness we have shared, and I am no longer able to share that with you. Look deeply into my eyes.... Please, see to it that my life is taken gently, kindly, humanely, close to you, in your arms. I will leave this Earth knowing, with the very last breath I take, that my fate was always safest in your hands."

...and again, I cry........

Oh how beautiful! That's the way both my husband and I feel about each other . Oh if only we could be as kind to our human loved ones who are suffering and at the edge.

I have suffered through "letting go" of doggie friends, a goat and a beloved horse. Losing a pet is never easy, but just knowing that their last breath was taken in my arms was the greatest last bit of assurance that I took care of them through the end.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!