View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
CouversMom
and Khloe Mae's too!
Donating Member

I believe it to be a filler and choose not to feed my dogs food with corn.

I don't believe in the belief that just because your dog is doing well on something, that you shouldn't change it. My male was doing well on Pedigree when I adopted him, but I knew I could do better... So we switched his food.

This isn't the only site, but I thought I'd post this information as an example:

The Truth About Corn in Dog Food

I want to do what's best for my dogs and I know my mom's dog had a horrible allergy to corn, so I am choosing not to even chance it with my two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
So confused by this statement, corn is very easy for dogs to digest! Are you thinking of uncooked corn? Corn got a bad name because many dog food companies use it as the first ingredient. This isn’t always a bad thing, but when giving a short list on what to look for in a food, you should avoid foods with corn as the first ingredient. Unfortunately, hobby nutritionists just know general rules and not all the exceptions and whys and why nots. Unlike most vegetables, corn is a complete protein and contains all ten amino acids in varying amounts. However, while corn may provide a rich source of some essential amino acids, it supplies a poor source of others particularly lysine and you may develop a lysine deficiency if corn is the only source of protein. While some dogs are allergic to corn, corn is no more likely to cause an allergy than any other ingredient. Joey’s doing really well on Royal Canin, and my little rescue Ralphie recently switched to it after his regular food changed ingredients and he wasn’t tolerating the new food as well. He has a very sensitive system, so I was afraid to feed RC, but we switched to it about a month ago and he’s doing really well on it too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!