View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Tibbe and Jilly are very distantly related and both of them seemed rocked by anesthesia even the second day so wonder if it was a familial thing or just my nerves. I just kept giving them fluids per the vet's schedule through day three to help flush the drug out and kept them comfortable with the pain meds, careful not to give too much or little and calling the vet when I was worried. She'd have me check respirations, temp, gums, look for swelling, etc., report to her, she'd reassure me and then I was fine again! Actually, I think both of them did fine after surgery, it was just me obsessing.
Peanut sounds like Tibbe, I think he just doesn't take to the anesthesia.. and I sound like you- I obsess over everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadabug View Post
Jada had a mass taken out back in early summer. It was benign but very deep and was located between her shoulder blades. She did really well, but was on pain meds for a few days.
My Mom and Dad babysat for me because I was afraid to leave her alone with Bogie and I don't crate them.
Hope Peanut does ok and that it turns out to be a hernia or a benign growth.
Thank you- Glad Jada did so well.. I think I remember that!
P.s I love your "My little pony"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Sorry to hear Peanut has to have surgery. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Years ago, our Airedale had a cancerous mass removed from her mouth and she was fine the next day. It really depends on the individual dog.
Thank you!! For sure depends on the dog. Wow in her mouth??!! That is crazy!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!