View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My baby Gracie had a collapsing trachea that she had from a very young age. She lived every moment to the fullest, and it was difficult to restrict her from playing. When she would get too excited, her trachea would swell and her temperature would rise. I started wetting her feet with a spray bottle but often moved to submerging her in cool water to get her breathing back to normal. I was very careful with her on walks, always carried ice with me wherever I went with her, and learned how to get her the help that she needed to bounce back after an attack. She knew herself when she needed to cool down in the summer and would run to the back door so that she could go out and cool down in the pool. Gracie's sister Ashley had a collapsing trachea, but it was when she was older and not as severe as her. It affected her heart (enlarged heart) and caused her to take in too much air into her belly, but we used Chinese herbs that helped a lot. Ashley lived a month shy of seventeen. I'm so sorry to hear about Keylo. I am sure you find a way to help her. I am here if you have any questions.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!