Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

I'm so sorry.

I literally started a sticker chart for the kids about the door here...however, in my house kids do not touch a front door without an adult present going out with them, it was really an issue of them letting people in.

My last day care provider was my inspiration. State law requires she never lock the entrance so she had a 3 gate system! One in her walkway, one on the front door like a screen and one in the entrance.

Your first month thereshe trained the heck out if you...close the gate, close the gate...did you close the other two gates? She did this for kid safety.

At fist I was like my gosh this woman came so highly reccomended but geez everyine warned me about her gates...now I look back and appriciate it so much!

Do you have a way to make a yard gate?
I remember my child care provider saying she was considering these beepers that you can put on gates and doors they beep until its closed...like two sensors one in the gate closed structure one on the gate, unless they touch lining up they beep.

We're builing a front gate system this summer for added security.

I so very much agree with your choice and empathize with your frusteration.

Is it an option to put up half doors people seem to respond to closibg those better...especially if painted red with a white x...barn style.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!