View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
What a doll!

That should be fine leaving her in there for 2 1/2 hours. She's on the younger side so she will probably whine/cry for a little when you're leaving her alone. Eventually she'll get used to it. I'd leave her access to water and maybe a toy with cozy blankets and whatnot. My guess is that she'll probably sleep most of the time that you are gone. I always have a blanket over the top of the crate just to give that feeling of security while also allowing Toki to look out the front of the crate and see what's going on!

As long as you don't have a collar on her or anything that can get caught on the sides of the cage, she should be fine and not in danger of hurting herself.

We just gate off the kitchen now that Toki is older and more trained but when she was a puppy at 12 weeks or so, I would leave her for a couple of hours in her crate while I was at class and she was just fine. I would recommend some type of water bottle over a dish though...Toki capsized her water dish a couple of times before I learned my lesson on that!

I agree with all above...she will be just fine....if you can play with her before you go to church, she will fall asleep while you are gone...I too cover my crates....when the cover goes over the crates, all my babies know it is nap time or night time, and settle right down and go to sleep. A cozy blanket in her little bed, and her water and a little toy, and she will be fine. I wouldnt leave food in the crate, feed her before you go to church......(but that is just because I did have a baby choke to death on a piece of kibble....had never happened before, has never happened since, but it scares me to leave them hard food when they are young and unsupervised.)With a full tummy, a little play before you leave, a nice quiet, warm dim crate...sweet little soul will nap and wait for daddy to come home!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!