Thread: Spay question??
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I always go for all the extras....full panel of blood work, I want ekg monitoring throughout the procedure, I want ivs during as well as after the procedure....in fact, I insist they leave the IV in until I pick the baby up....I want the pup "tanked up" with glucose and iv fluid to tide her over until she feels like eating and drinking post op....usually 24 hours later. I like Tirbutrol in Vitamino for pain medication....it is a liquid, and it is easy to give...I will usually mix it with just a drop of Dr.Millers Pet Nutro Drops, ....you can use Karo too...it sweetens it up and they love it. I like a baby onesie to keep the baby from fooling with stitches.....I always have Pedialyte for hydration post op.....and I will give mine chicken baby food or RC Puppy Mousse as a special treat to be sure she eats something that doesnt take much effort....they love both those options and it is easily digested. Make sure they use a gas anesthesia.....if necessary my vet gives a smidge of propofol to get my babies intubated, and my babies are not given barbituates of any kind...neither are they given morphine.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!