View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
lindatruong
YorkieTalk Newbie!

hi! ive been on this forum/site numerous times before and during my pups arrival to my family. i've had yorkies in the past and they werent nearly as hard as this little guy i have now. i dont think he has a urine problem (althogh i will check this weekend when i see the vet). he was peeing completely normal before. i have to admit, i made a huge mistake by changing his routine numerous times since i've had him. i know dogs like consistency.. it took me a while to find the balance for my dog and i. the first week i had him, i noticed he lifts his legs to pee. so i hung pee pads on the fence to prevent him from peeing outside of the pen. i realized i need to properly train him, so i tore down the pads. he still peed on the fence, but standing on the pads. when i saw him lift his leg, i'd clap or make a loud noise to distract him (and place him on the pad to pee properly). this was somewhat confusing because he is in fact, still standing on the pad peeing; half of his pee outside the fence, half of his pee, on the pad. i realize, i made this confusing for myself and my pup. so i made the pen bigger and now the pads are away from the fence so i can see if he's really trying to pee on the pad, or on the fence. then, i brought two of my friends puppies home (because they're 100% potty trained) and in hopes my pup would mimic them. but instead, he peed EVERYWHERE including on their bed! now that im on my last switched up routine, he seems to be peeing everywhere. it seems as though every other day, he will pee on the pad, and the other days, pee everyhwere else. what worries me is, he gives absolutely no signs. no sniffing, no squatting, nothing. he will just stand there and pee.. i feel like its my fault for not being consistent, and now that i am trying to stick to one method, he's just not giving any signs...
lindatruong is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!