Thread: Baby teeth?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
joeyyy2010
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
On my way out the door, so let me say right off I haven't read the other posts, if I repeat some thing some one else suggested sorry.
Baby teeth are supposed to be replaced by adult teeth around 12 to 16 weeks of age. Retained baby teeth can cause problems. It can cause a misaligned bite. Food can be trapped between teeth, causing bad breath, infections and tooth decay.

I am a big believer in spay and neuter. My Vet has convinced me that it is best to do this after Yorkies are done growing, around one year of age. Dogs that are altered can not take part in AKC bench shows.

It is always a worry when something requires anesthesia. Make sure your Vet is skilled with small toy dogs (Yorkies). Some things you might ask are, how many Yorkie Patients come to your Vet. How commonly does your Vet do dentals ? What kind of meds are used ? Are pre labs done ?

Showing Yorkies is not easy. You need to go to shows, meet people and find a good teacher. Most show Yorkies come from top breeders that raise and show Yorkies. Show Yorkies often cost thousands of dollars and a life style dedicated to Yorkies and the Show.
Thank you for your reply. I have been asking people in my area about showing and also spoke to the breeder about it. Everyone that has seen him has said he has a beautiful coat and is very healthy. I used to show horses when I was younger and thought about showing Joey the world.
joeyyy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!