View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I believe they usually get their puppy shots every two weeks starting at 8 weeks and ending at 14 weeks. There are 4 sets of shots. After that, they get boosters, and some people recommend getting them every year, others say only the first three years, and then do testing (titers) to decide if they need the shots. I'm not a fan of Banfield, I guess I've heard too many bad things, but other people seem to like it. The receptionist is correct, if you board your dog, you will need the Bordetella vaccine. I take mine once a year for a checkup. It’s important to check their teeth and we test for heartworm and get and new prescription for that. I also do titers to check for the antibodies instead of the yearly shots. I also would take them, if they aren't eating, this happened to Joey once and he had an eye ulceration. I have a good phone relationship, with my vet and staff, and call them if I have any health questions and they tell me what to look for, and tell me if I need to bring him in.

Join today and remove this ad!