View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
Stigica
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
As long as you have put in plenty of activity, training and exercise time with your dog then you should feel fine saying no. Usually if you have put the time in the dog will be tired enough to be content. Maybe if you break up your sessions with her into two or three shorter work and play times through out the day she will not be so energetic when you have other things to do. If she is an extremely energetic or hyper dog she may need her exercise time in the morning and the afternoon.
We go for short walks in the early morning, a bit longer walks in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening as well. We play in the early morning, most of the afternoon (because i want to get her tired cause she goes to sleep after the morning exercise and sleeps till afternoon) and again in the evening. But she never gets tired.
She is always jumping around, no matter how often we go on walks ... I noticed that sometimes going on walks is not a great idea ... when we come home she is always hyped, jumping and running around even though we walked for 2 hours. It's like she never gets tired.

But thanks for the advice about breaking up sessions. I'll try that as well.

Jackie
Stigica is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!