View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
bowvixen
Yorkie Talker

Question VET VISITS - How Often??

When I got my male yorkie a year and half ago, which is my 2nd yorkie actually, the vet I took him to (Banfield Animal Hospital), asked him to come back once a week to do shots in sequence, so I ended up having to come out after work every week for about 7 week or so, by the 5th week, I couldn't take it anymore! I have had dogs my entire life and always had a once a year visit.

So with Banfield you can purchase a monthly Wellness Plan for $21/month and it covers all sorts of vaccinations and an annual thorough exam and I was getting calls through the year to come back for Bordatella shots, this shot, and that shot, and then when I get a vaccine, now I have to come back the following week for a 'booster'.

I tell people I'm taking the dog to the vet, and they are like, "Again? You were just there, I only take my dog once a year" - so I thought, this is ridiculous. I cancelled my appointment and decided to research finding another vet to go to. Am I doing the right thing? Did I just put my dog at risk? I just think that every couple of months taking the dog to the vet is ridiculous and the doctor is trying to make some more money from me.

I asked the receptionist why so many visits (I don't have time for this) and she said, do you take your dog outside? What if you board him, he's going to need his Bordetella shot anyway. It was like they were trying to guilt me into coming back.

How often are we supposed to take the dog to the vet and for what?
bowvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!