View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I agree with all that has been said as well. You will likely need to 'adjust' his eating habits, which will most likely be a gradual process...which he may resist. But, he will get hungry and will eat...eventually, so the best or a good quality food offering is great to have handy when he does...and you can use it as treats to get him started.

I saw some other decent brands listed already, and there are others as well, but there is also Iams Healthy Naturals (green and beige bag) in the grocery store that is pretty decent ingredient-wise that I have discovered even my kitties like...not just the Yorkies. I know others who have used it who have show dogs and are equally picky.

I bought some because all my babies seem to like variety from time to time, so I tend to keep a couple different ones on hand so I have something I know they can/will eat when they turn down their regular food...but I am a label reader, ingredient researcher, and very picky about the amount of what I call "crap" I will eat or allow my fur babies to eat.

Yorkies are fabulous trainers of humans...but your post seems to indicate you've either found out already, or are learning quickly.

Congratulations!

Err...did I miss the pictures?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!