View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcabbyw
I have been shopping around for a boar bristle brush for Turbie, found a few for outrageous prices, but found out from some YTers that they sell them at Sally Beauty Supply for way cheaper.

I finally made it over there, found a nice selection, maybe 7-8 kinds of all different textures. I first bought one, that I thought I liked, but was so soft it wouldnt pick up Turbies hair.

I went back, and I was having a hard time choosing. I finally found one that was named the Yorkshire II Flat Styler brush, from Comare. That did it right there, I WAS SOLD!!! It was made to be The lady at Sally thought I was crazy lol

Its a mix of boar and nylon (no plastic tips) bristles, with a nice wooden handle, and picked up her hair very nicely. The bristles themself are 3/4 inch tall, are 4 inches long, and 1 1/2 inch wide, the handle itself is 5 inches long. The cost was $5.99. I bought mine at Sally Beauty Supply

Just thought I would let you know! Turbie loves it so much, its like a very nice massage and was falling asleep. I love the brush so much as well that Im thinking of picking up another for myself haha

Yep! I love that brush!! the one's that are pure boar that are really soft are good for a finishing brush. but i, like you need a more strong bristle at times. i have them in many different grades of coarseness. plastic bristles are bad. but i have one that has the nylon intermingled in with the boar bristle and it's my fav brush. it's made by "african beauty" i love it. got them all at sally's. you can also get motions leave in conditioner there too. for a great price! i went to beauty school way back when i was younger. decided it wasnt for me but still use alot of my skills learned to this day and the most valuable thing i learned was about SALLYS!
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!