View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
pinky71
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy aggresive puppy!!!!

ok..ive had my baby since he was 11 weeks. i got him from a breeder .he is now almost 7 months...he is very spoiled and pampered. my concern is that his aggression is getting really bad..this happens when we try to take something away from him. or sometimes go near him around food.I no longer give him bones cuz of this issue..he has bitten me a couple of times and grandma too, even broke skin and drew blood. sometimes he snaps out of the blue..i find him very unpredictable..ive enrolled him in puppy classes and the trainer said i should go see a behaviorist..this makes me very sad.. my family and I love him so much, and he can be so sweet sometimes but i fear that he can snap and severely bite someone..ive done a lot of reading and try to use positive reinforcement..ive been told that this behavior is sometimes genetic.. i was hoping that he would come down after neutering but i feel like he has even become more hyper. i try to assert myself as the pack leader but i feel like he has no fear of me. i admit ive lost my cool and have swatted him in the nose and give him "timeouts"...what am i going to do? people say that once a dog has bitten his owner its time to give it away..has anyone gone through this?
pinky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!