View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesie
We are new yorkie owners. She is 4 months old now and the most adorable. My girlfriend has had several litters and at the time we got bought our puppy she had a litter. We didn't want to pay $1200.00 for one of her puppies and didn't want her to lower her price just for us so we found a puppy for much less. When I called and told her what we paid she started asking me all kinds of questions. She wanted to know if the mothers ears were standing and how much she weighed. I told her no the ears were not standing and she weighed 9 pounds, but her father weighed 6 pounds. She told me that because my puppies ears were not erect and her mothers ears were not erect that this was because of bad breeding. Can someone give me some advise on what to tell her because I really don't know.
There have been debates on here or discussion, that floppy ears are a genetic defect. i really don't know about that but I wanted my baby to have erect ears. they were standing at six weeks. The female baby i am getting soon will also have erect ears. I have two choices one breeder has all floppy ears on all her dogs and her yorkies are much cheaper. The other is ceeby's breeder and her dogs all have erect ears. But as far as looks go, I just perfer erect ears but I have seen a lot of really cute dogs on here with little floppy ears. They are just as special and loveable. I would just tell this person that, yes, her ears may be floppy but she is the love of your life. Sounds like she is just trying to put the other breeders pups down. Not nice.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!