View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
BabyLove2012
Yorkie Talker

Default Post surgery/medicine reactions help!

Hi! My 6 1/2 old baby had surgery just this past Friday. She is 4.7lbs. She was spayed, had bilateral inguinal hernia repair, 9 teeth pulled and her back dew claws removed. I had pre op blood work done and everything was fine.

Since I've got her home she's been OK.. She's not eating much.. But some. Refuses to eat her regular kibble though, but is happy to have a few pieces of our German shepherds dog food?!

Anyhow my main concern is her reaction to the pain meds. They gave me butorphanol. Only for 3 days. Well she seems fine before I give it to her and then 20 minutes after I do she becomes drowsy, shaky and whinny!! It's so sad, she looks miserable!! Is this reaction normal? I want to stop giving it to her but she had sooo much done! Also she has had a bowl movement since before the surgery. So 2 days. Is this normal too?

I don't know, it's just stressing me out. I wish I would have never had the surgery!! She was so happy and healthy before!! I didn't think I'd miss her overly hyper, spazzy self so much!!
BabyLove2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!