View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxysMom View Post
I asked the same question. Best answer: you will know in your heart. Dont see it as trying to replace. Just allowing another love in your life. I wasnt even looking for a new baby. I was on my quest to find my stolen Choppa and there was Maxximus. We still call him Choppa by mistake but hey we are still in live no matter where he is.
This is so true - you will know in your heart. When my golden retriever died suddenly, it ripped our hearts out. I wanted a new dog right away, not to replace him, but to have one to hold on to while I cried over the loss of my best friend. However, my husband and my two sons, who were 14 and 16 at the time, DID NOT want another dog right away. They kept telling me "how could you do that to Indy?". I guess they thought it was trying to replace him. I ended up waiting one year out of respect for them, but I finally couldn't wait any longer and got Columbo. During that year, I was so lonely for a dog, but our elderly cat died six months after our dog, so she got lots of attention during that time. We also had a few vacations during that time to places that you can't take a dog, since I never want to leave our dog in a kennel. We take him everywhere with us.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!