View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy Teenage challenging--Help!!!

Hi Everyone

I am looking for advice on how to handle teenage challenging in your yorkies. Wallee is just turning 7 months old (is getting neutered in a couple weeks) and lately I have found that he is trying to snap at me if I want to take something from him that he is fixated on. Today he was sniffing a carpet that he had previously marked and I have cleaned and sprayed with Nature's Miracle. When I went to nudge him off of it, he snapped at me. Yesterday he managed to grab a piece of a plant that could be poisonous and when I went to take that from him he did the same thing. I am not sure how to handle this without making him become aggressive and I am hoping that I can teach him to leave it as I don't want him to start getting guarding issues. Please advice a positive way for me to teach him to give me what he has without snapping at me. I had him at puppy classes and she taught us to teach them the leave it, by giving treats and then telling him to leave it but it will be a long process before I know he will just leave what it is he has in his mouth. Up until now, he has been very good at letting us take from him what he has and I am pretty sure that he has just reached the age where he is starting to challenge our authority. Please help!!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!