View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Taycie was diagnosed with MVD and Enteropathy.

It has been a long couple of weeks with alot of emotion involved and I mentally haven't been ready to post anything until I knew what I was dealing with.

A few weeks ago I posted about Taycie waking up in the night acting strange and uncomfortable. I could tell something wasn't right. After a few vet visits we decided to rule out a shunt. Initially, my vet didn't think a Bile Acid test was necessary. She only has one liver enzyme that fluctuates everything was normal. I just didn't feel right by the way she was acting..

So I took her in and told them I wanted a Bile Acid test. Her numbers came back abnormal. She then was scheduled for an ultrasound. Her liver however looks wonderful. The BCVR said it was a nice color, nice shape, they were able to trace the blood flow through the liver, nothing was bypassing the liver indicating a shunt.

However when we talk about her GI system. It wasn't a pretty picture. It was explained to me that parts in the intestines were thicker then others, thinner in spots, and alot of Inflammation. She said it was a very sick GI tract. Her protein levels are good, but we are watching this as her condition looks like it could possibly develop at some point into Protein Loosing Enteropathy.

We had a second opinion today by another Radiologist and basically said the same thing. Taycie's case has also been referred to an Internal Medicine Vet which I was supposed to talk with today but an emergency came up.. I am sure I will be hearing from the soon. I was under the impression there were more then one in Salt Lake, but there isn't.

I have also contacted Dr. Remillard and we are doing a Nutritional Consultation to see what we should be doing as far as diet is concerned.

As far as meds go we are still doing a small dose of Tylan Powder for her stomach.. And once I am finally able to talk to the Internal Medicine Vet more supplements could get involved. For now, we are trying to keep it easy on her little system.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!