View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynf2 View Post
Just back from emer. vet... my 4 y.o. 10 pound mickey looked SO SICK! Shaking, whining, panting, and belly so hard felt like it was going to explode! Emer. Vet said a slipped or herniated disc. No xray or MRI- just felt down thespine until he yelped in pain. Meds for 2 weeks and then we'll see. Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Was your baby ok after a couple of weeks of meds or did he need surgery? What was that like? So worried. Any info or comments so welcome. I hope you all have happy and HEALTHY little babies out there!! Marilyn
My sister's dog had this years back and the vet said no jumping whatsoever. Said be particularly careful he didn't jump down off furniture. And told them not to lift him other than how he showed them to lift him, keeping the back straight. He allowed him to use a low ramp but no stairs or steps and hold him near using a leash while he was up in the chair or bed with them so he wouldn't suddenly jump off before they could react.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!