View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
backwardsrain
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeness View Post
Thank you (again) Jacqui! I may try her if the current options don't work out. By Wednesday I'll know if I'm getting a puppy from Garden Grown Biewers in Midland, Ontario. She will hold the male "nutmeg" until Dec 14 IF she decides to keep a female of her pups. She would hold the male for me at no charge if she decides to keep a female to breed with. Or she also offer me co-ownership of a puppy that she would pay for (from a different breeder) as she needs a new male for her breeding line. She would pay for the puppy (that we both agree on) and I would keep him (intact) and pay all vet/food/training bills. She would borrow him about 4-6 times a year for breeding. After 6 years the dog would be mine outright (retired). I'm not sure if I want to go that route. I'd rather have a puppy that is mine from the start and get him neutered right away. She and I will decide if we will go with either option by Wednesday.
If you get the breeding male be prepared to keep belly bands on him for life, even after neutering. It is VERY difficult to train them not to mark after that habit has formed, trust me!
backwardsrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!