View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLove View Post
I would suggest enrolling in a puppy kindergarten basic obedience class and start from there. Puppies are extremly eager to learn at this age and its a erfect time for mommy and daddy or other family members to get involoved and be "trained" as well.
16 weeks is is still a verrry young baby and this behavior is normal puppy behavior.
I would also NOT let her chew on shoelaces, as this just tells her its ok to chew on your things and she wont be able to understand why she can chew on those but not on puppy pads, they dont differentiate at this age

I forgot to add that there are no bad puppies, only bad (or untrained, lack of knowledge, etc) owners. when the puppy makes a mistake, it is usually our fault, not theirs. not saying you are a bad owner, just a general defenition
This is very very good advice. Some puppies can be more challenging than others though.

I am going to fallback on what I often advise. A tired puppy is a "good" puppy. That means lots of play/walk sessions, chasing toys, running free in the backyard. Finding toys, finding treats. These play walk sessions , pretty short at 10minutes to 15 minutes at least four times a day.
have a secure area to put puppy in for time outs and naps, preferable where you are or will be.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!