View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
sepulchralx
Yorkie Talker

Default How do I start over w/ training??? HELP!

Hello, I work 9-12 hrs/day as an engineer and my wife works the same hours as a nurse. Our 1yr old 13lb yorkie, newton, was trained quite well using the potty patch on the screened porch (for the last 4 months), but has gotten extremely lazy and has started peeing in the house versus going out on the porch using his doggy door and potty patch. I have a security cam that I can view from work and i watch him peee on the hardwoods when we're not around. We can NEVER catch him in the act, and when we are home he only uses the potty patch and we praise him all the time.

He wimpers and cries whenever we confine him - this breaks our hearts and we dont want him to hate us for it - so I'm not sure if crate training him for 9+ hours is the right thing to do, but I need some help and direction because this is miserable.

How can i potty train him correctly and at his age and weight considering we're gone for 9+ hrs a day? Is the doggy door more of a curse because hes not using it or is used to going so often?

Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
How do I start over w/ training??? HELP!-potty.jpg  
sepulchralx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!