View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
backwardsrain
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeness View Post
Thank you for your response. This puppy is definitely NOT a Christmas present. It is for myself and I know I am being specific for pick up time - as I would like to pick it up at the beginning of my 3 week vacation. That way I can spend 3 weeks to ensure the transition goes well and to start training the pup and introducing it to my other 2 dogs. I will be crate-training the puppy so that by the end of my three week vacation my other dogs will be used to it (and it used to them) and I can leave it in a crate within the kitchen area, while I go back to work. I can't pick up the puppy if I'm not on vacation.
That sounds great! Being able to be with the puppy 24/7 for the first few weeks will make things so much easier. I think breeders will understand in your case.

We actually got Jax in mid-December a couple years ago, not really as a Christmas present, the timing just worked out that way. When we took him in to the vet they asked us if he was a Christmas present, and when we said no, you could see the relief in the vet and 2 techs!
backwardsrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!