View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am wondering how old momma is? I dont know of anything to make her start producing more milk...I would imagine as long as the bibies are continuing to nurse, she will continue to produce some milk....but you definately need to be supplimenting 2 week ould babies. I have a formula for orphaned/abandoned/failure to thrive babies...it keeps them gaining the weight they need to be gaining....
8 oz Just Born with Colostrum Puppy formula
4 oz Pedialyte
1 cup Yogurt with Live Cultures
1 raw egg yolk
3 tbsp Dr.Millers Pet Nurta Drops

Feed 1cc/0z body weight. At two weeks, you can probably go to every 4 hours, around the clock, then at 5 weeks, every 6 hours, with the addition of puppy gruel (puppy kibble maashed and mixed with some of this formula for a liquid but thick consistancy....I start with Royal Canin canned puppy mousse, they love this...put a little of the formula with it to make it a thick liquid.....I gradually add the puppy kibble to this, cut back on the canned mousse, and by the time they are 8 weeks old, it is just kibble softened with the formula...then keep going to dryer puppy kibble....by 10-11 weeks, they are on dry puppy kibble.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!