View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
WJandPenny
Yorkie Yakker

Love Getting a yorkie

My DH and I are going to the breeder tomorrow to meet and greet our possible new addition to our family. I have wanted a yorkie for years and finally it looks like we will be getting one.

She's a little girl from a litter of three, her siblings are both boys. The dad is around 7 pound and mom is 5 pounds. The breeder estimates she will be around 6 pounds- not that it really matters. She is being raised with other animals and kids.

We have two other big dogs- our boy is a GS/Husky and our girl is a Border Collie- both rescues. The have been socialized at doggie daycare with yorkies and other small dogs and have been through lots of obedience training. We also have a cat- who plays with the dogs. It's super cute.

Anyway, I guess I'm nervous, the reason why I'm writing this. I'm also super excited too.

I have a few questions and would love if I could get some suggestions and tips. I live in northern BC Canada and it gets really cold here. Penny, our Border Collie wears boots and sweaters on walks. I can only assume the yorkie will be layered in many types of clothes- is the any you recommend for colder climates? We don't have pet stores close so online shopping is best.

How are yorkies and cats? My dogs love our cats and they all groom each other- we will be getting her after she's 12 weeks old.

I can't really think of any other questions but I will take lots of suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
WJandPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!