View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

You need to ignore the puppy and start giving Geno most of your attention. He was your #1, don't take that away from him. Once he feels secure again with you, he'll be friendlier towards her. Do everything for him first... feeding, petting, etc. I constantly rotate between mine so they all feel like #1, but if someone is sad or depressed, they get all the extra attention I can find. A walk alone with me, a nap alone with me, treats and fed first... all the little things that tell them I love them and they are important to me.

When I added my Biewer, Infinity to my clan, Sapphire almost looked catatonic! When I saw that she would not make eye contact with me, and looked all droopy all the time, I scooped her up and gave her a ton of extra attention, until the sparkle came back in her eyes once again. Some pups it doesn't bother so much, others it's the end of their world!

Try laying down with him and her. He gets prime spot closest to your head. Let the pup watch you luving on him. Keep her from jumping on him.... you protect him. This will make him feel like a million $$$$$.

When you go to put the food bowls down, tell the pup to wait! Geno, the handsome boy, gets his first! Now it's puppy's turn. Make it a big deal that he is special to you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!