View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen in nj View Post
Lots of breeders have different methods, this one is mine.
I keep my puppies in a gruel type food until they are about 10 weeks, I grind the kibble until they are 8 weeks, and make a mix of goats milk, soft caned puppy food, a good quality one, I use Instict by Natures variety which is an all stages food for soft, puppy kibble, mix it well mash it and let them eat it.. I do feed the puppies once weaned by mama 4 times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a very important meal before bedtime about 8 pm.by the time they go home at 12 weeks they are down to 3 meals a day until they turn 1, then they are switch to adult kibble and fed twice a day.
hugs,

Pretty close to what I do...except I use RC HD-42 kibble (I think that is the number!) it is for unweaned puppies as well as the lactating momma, mixed with canned RC Puppy mousse, mixed with goats milk....and I start this at 4 weeks old........the rest is the same for me.....By 8 weeks, I gradually thicken up the gruel, less goats milk, less canned puppy mousse,....by 10 weeks, just softened kibble/diluted goats milk.....12 weeks, softened kibble/water....they go out at 14 weeks, eating dry RC Puppy kibble.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!