View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
AIM
Senior Yorkie Talker

I hope that people have some good advice for you because my husband and I have almost the exact same situation with Lucky! We adopted her from a Humane Society almost 2 months ago. She is two and we were told she was potty trained, but she still has accidents in the house. Essentially, we started over using similar methods to yours, and I am happy to report that she no longer pees in the house, but she does poop (and it's nowhere near the door), sometimes shortly after we take her out. In addition, I have become a bit sleep deprived because she also wakes up and needs to go out at least once during the middle of the night. She sleeps in a doggie bed next to ours at night and we keep our bedroom door shut. Interestingly, she wakes me up to let me know when she has to go out in the middle of the night, but she does not signal during the day. We are trying to train her to ring a bell that hangs from the door, but so far we haven't had much luck. Let me know if you find a method that really works or if you have any breakthroughs.

Just out of curiousity, do they have any other behavioral problems? We adore Lucky but she is very challenging to take care of.

Last edited by AIM; 04-14-2005 at 12:41 PM.
AIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!