Thread: Lil Dude Gizmo
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Donnainohio63
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Lil Dude Gizmo

Had to rush Lil Dude Gizmo to the vet at ten this morning. He woke up acting funny, running in circles and then sitting down real quick. Then when I took them outside, he would not walk. Scared me to death cause he is always right by my side. Took him to our vet and she says sounds like anal glands. I said he was just at the groomers two weeks ago. She informed me that anal glands can fill up in a matter of two days. Anyways she takes him in back and expresses his glands and comes back out and tells me they were full and thick which is not normal. I guess, according to her, it is supposed to be runny fluid that comes out. She gave him a shot of steroids to help his but feel better and by the time I got home from work he was fine. This is all new to me. She wants to keep an eye on him so he goes back in two days and if he has a build up again she will run some tests to see why his fluid is so thick. I pray everything is ok with him and I am going to learn how to do his anal glands by myself.

Last edited by Donnainohio63; 10-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Donnainohio63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!