Thread: True Biewers.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #130
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva pup
Well Sue what I could follow was very interesting. I know nothing of the Biewer but it does make sense to me with a breed this young that they are going to have to pull in from the original breeds(of which I am assuming one is the yorkie) at some point. There may not be enough different lines yet.
Now I am basing this only on my knowledge of how the germans breed horses. I will not bore you with the details but sum it up to say it is very similar in idea to the way the biewers are being bred according to this breeder and what I could follow.
Yes with new breeds it can get very tricky... I think we all need to educated ourselves with this type of information from our mentor's that have much more experience. This is one reason I posed this question. I know the this practice of breeding is still done in Germany, but I wanted to know why... It is very hard to follow with the broken lanuage, but still speaks tons... Health, size, improper breeding will shorten their life span and many other obstacles for the offspring. Not to mention that the research the pie bald gene should be taken in consideration here as well this is the reason we have this wonderful dog. Seems to me breeders that have been doing this for 20+ years are the authority in the breed, not those of us just starting out....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!