View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
I'm like you...never had a flea problem with any of my dogs...ever. I don't use chemicals, monthly pills or topical liquids...we've just never had fleas.

But, we did end up with a flea issue a year or so ago when we took in a little stray and he was covered in them so, of course, all of mine ended up with them too.

I tried the topicals...didn't work
I tried the 'natural' shampoos and sprays...didn't work
I tried flea shampoo...didn't work

I finally got a pill from my vet...Capstar I think...and, in combination with daily baths in Dawn dish soap...it worked

No more fleas and my little crew was happy again

The little stray left and we went back to our 'normal' routine of no chemicals and we haven't had a flea since.
I am really hoping and praying that this works. I can't give them a bath now for a couple of days...I may wait until we get back from camping...we are leaving sunday for a week...Everybody seems to be fine.....I was worried about reactions to it...I applied it about an hour and a half ago...i would think if they were going to have a reaction to it they would have already...I am leaving for work at 5:30 5;45....and my vet is opened until 6 so hopefully if all are fine right now I am assuming they will not have reactions to it,,..I am going to be a nervous nelly all night until I get home..UGH! wish I wasn't working tonight..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!