View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Not to be argumentative, but flea shampoos have chemicals in them too, sometimes worse than the topical treatments. I too would love to go 'natural' with my pups, but fleas are very determined critters and really the best and quickest way to deal with them is topical flea treatment.

That said, you can further minimize and for safety buy only something from your vet, and have them figure the dose to each of your pups individual weights. I have to do this for Tink, who has Liver Shunt, bc I don't want her to have any more chemicals than are necessary to do the job.

I would not bomb the house, fleas mostly reside in carpeting and cracks in the floor. You can sprinkle regular table salt on the carpet, leave it set overnight, and vacuum and throw the bag out the next morning. Repeat 2-3 times. Also increase the times you vacuum each week, even every day till they're gone.

Flea shampoos only work for a few days, and you will see more fleas before the time recommended to repeat the shampooing again. And be extremely careful using multiple, different products on them and around the house.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!