View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioana View Post
So of course I have problems with potty training (he is 5 month old)...

I am trying to pad train him and is not really working...He seems to understand that he is supposed to go on the pad, but he seems to choose not to.
If he is the bedroom (where the pads are) and he can not get out, he poops on the pad. If he can get out he goes in the living room (on the other side of the house) which is an open space, and he poops there.
When I wake up in the morning (he sleeps with us), I put him on the pad and he pees there.
At dinner I usually eat raspberries with cottage cheese, and he loves raspberries. So he goes on the pad and makes sure I see him. And then he comes to me to give him fruits ( I gave him fruits a few times after he went on the pad). So he knows he is supposed to go there.
If I live him alone in the room, he goes randomly. Both on the pad and the carpet.
So if he knows I want him to go on the pad, why isn't he going?

We also tried taking him outside every 2 hours, and he didn't do anything outside and when he came in he peed on the carpet...
5 months is still too young to take your eyes off him. If you don't give him the opportunity to have the accident or go in the wrong spot, he won't learn that behavior. You have to stay on him and anticipate the potty. It sounds like he is getting it, but he is still SO young. I am certain if you are more dedicated and just don't give him the chance to mess up, that in a couple months you should start to see more progress. Even then, don't give him full run of the house until he is older. Baby steps. My boy was crated for the first few months when I couldn't watch his every move. Then we moved up to a doggie playpen, which gave him more room, but still didn't give him the run of the house when I wasn't watching him. I didn't trust to give him the run of the house while alone until he was 2 years old and he is completely trustworthy now.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!