View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
citygirl123
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I agree with the last poster. Sounds like you have been given some great advice already!! Two at once is a challenge. One was a challenge for me. I would have been delighted if my hubby had said lets get them both! I can't talk him into a second one, so I am jealous of course.

I liked the idea of getting an x-pen. They can sleep in it at night with a couple of potty pads. That way you don't have to get up and they learn to go on the pads when you are not there or the weather is bad. I did crate at first with the crate on the side of the bed. I also had the x-pen for Copper to be in if I had to be gone for a few hours. This worked out well, because when he went to stay at my daughter's house so we could take a trip out of town, he stayed in the x-pen at night for her with no problems.

You have to decide how you want this to go and then just do it. If you don't want the dogs in bed with you or disturbing your sleep, I suggest trying an x-pen. Otherwise crating them at first is a good way to have them learn the potty routine. You can let them sleep with you later when they get it down.

Best wishes on whatever you decide.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!