View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellemarie View Post
hi, no you're not confused- im jus terrible at explaining myself! I'd meant the blood test for pra, rather than the yearly test. There is no history of bladder or kidney issues on either side. Their ears werent huge, just a little bigger than if hoped, and the little boy got his mommas ears.
Kuki isn't championed- she was very unimpressed with a long coat, so I ha to have her cut- heaven forbid I get in the way of her rolling in fox poo
and It seems to take a lot longer to get dogs championed here because we have so few shows in comparison with bigger countries

I have spoken with both our NI club an a lady from down south (who I'm going to get the number of a YT judge off who can hopefully help further) but I think I'd rather the pups be a little over standard size than lose the features and of course temperment and health. I just don't know!
And to top everything off I missed the champ show in Belfast today because of a lack of transport
I've only met one other exhibitor who has the type I'm wanting with good health and they are literally the opposite end of the island; what with kuki being quite irregular with her seasons I'm not sure I could get her there. I REALLY need to learn to drive!
If you do truly want a show dog, then yes I actually think you need to learn to drive. Even here, there is no way I could go to shows (of which there are many) without being able to drive there. Buses just simply don't go to where the shows are, and lugging what you need to, to go to shows simply isn't practical on a bus.

Also if you want a show dog, well then, it does take time on your part, and effort. They need to be trained to the wraps from a young age. You start by banding up the hair at about 7mths or so. Then add a couple of wraps a week until they get used to them.

I did have a show boy I maintained in wraps, and we did swimming all summer, also agility and obedience work, when he was in full wraps. There are some videos of him doing same in full wraps. So it is possible to let your dog have an active life with them in wraps. How-ever I don't think I'd be allowing my dog to roam free through bush and roll in fox scat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!